The first Astronomical Data menu item provides access to the Astro Flyer – the SA newsletter.
The other menu items listed in the Astronomical Data menu lead to external websites that have useful and extensive astronomical information for the amateur astronomer such as:
- An excellent online planetarium “The Sky Live”. This can be set to any location and date/time combination to give a realistic view of the night sky. the site has many other items of interest to the amateur astronomer.
- The current and forecast weather for the next few days.
- Seeing conditions for tonight and the next 3 days.
- Rise/Set times for all major solar system bodies.
Time varying data relevant to the astronomer is presented below.
- the meteoblue link above will take you to the external website where extended 3 day information is available.
- Look for dark blue colours in the cloud cover and green values in the seeing values for good seeing conditions.
- Cloud cover ranges from dark blue (0%) to white (100%). Fog or very low clouds are not shown here.
The timing data for the sun, moon, planets, the ISS and Iridium satellite flares are listed in the tables below.
|Planetary Data for today|
|Visible Iridium Flares for the next 7 days|
|No visible Iridium Flares during this time period|